Classic Gascony- 5 Days of Hands-On Cooking
Confit de Canard, Foie Gras, and Cassoulet classes & excursions
Six times a year, Kate opens her Kitchens at Camont for a cooking intensive week of cooking classes, market excursions, shopping, lunch at our favorite 1-star Michelin restaurant, welcome dinner, and special 'school lunches' at Camont. This 5-day cooking retreat is a foodie's dream exploration of the Cooking of Southwest France with cook, author of Cassoulet: A French Obsession, and expert teacher Kate Hill at her home and school at Camont. Guests stay in nearby accommodation that we can help arrange- from chateau to country home.
All things duck- from foie gras to confit de canard and paté, is the foundation of this week of learning, practicing, and experiencing. Kate teaches you her Gascon 'mother sauces', French pastry basics, and cooking techniques. Throw in a bit of shopping, exploring, and touring- as well as great eating- for the right balance of learning and experience to create your own Gascon Fat Duck memories.
INCLUDES five days of:
- Six cooking classes with Kate Hill
- Five lunches with wine including one-star Michelin restaurant
- Market excursions with local transportation and guide for shopping, dining, and armagnac tasting
- Recipe book, apron and Not Poterie Cassoulet pot
Dates & rates
May 29-June 2, June 19-23, Sept 4-8, Oct 2-6 2018
3950€ per person includes: all instruction for five days (approx 9:30-4:30), all materials, lunches, wine, local transport for excursions,
Does not includes: accommodation and other meals, personal expenses. Pickup from Agen train station or Agen airport can be arranged with a local taxi service.
One Day Classes
Cooking at Camont
one day cooking classes
From May to September, Kate teaches simple and intensive one-day classes focused on special projects: Savory and Sweet French Pastry; A Long French Lunch; Market to Table. Want to know how to make a perfect Cassoulet? winter classes on the weekends and throughout the year. Classes are hands- on and in English. Come for a day of exploring good Gascon food with Kate Hill and friends in the Kitchen at Camont.
Coming to the area and want to book a private day class with Kate at Camont? Contact us here.
- Market Classes begin at the Wednesday Farmer's Market at 9:00; other days begin at Camont at 9:00
- Hands-on Cooking Class 9:00-1:30
- 1:30-2:00 How to Set a French table
- 2:00- 4:00 Four-Course Lunch with Wine & Beverages
- Class fees includes all food, drink, recipes, and Camont's professional apron
- 2018 Dates and Rates below.